To the tayeb family
To the ayzen family
To the ayash family
To the brod family
To the rozenberg family
To the bisberg family
To the kislev family
To the kozokaro family
In 2004 (5774), Rabbi Binyamin Mendelson, together with his family, set out on the Rebbe’s Shlichus to establish the Chabad House of Ramat Beit Shemesh Gimmel.
It can be said of this Chabad House that it is truly a place “sown in tears”. For more than a year, the prayer services were held in Rabbi Mendelssohn’s private home with great difficulties until, thank G-d, “The blossoms appeared in the land” and the Chabad House obtained temporary, large, suitable premises. In the future, we hope to build a 770 in Ramat Beit Shemesh Gimmel.
In recent months, an “Evening Kollel” has successfully opened and the synagogue is packed every evening with Torah classes and one-on-one studying of both ‘Nigle’ and Chassidus. A special charity organization named “Chasdei Sheina” was founded, benefiting the community by providing both financial aid and assistance in other areas. The community’s members and girls are dedicated to its success out of a sense of mutual responsibility.
Chabad House is active in a variety of fields and serves as an address for every Jew in every respect.
On Nissan 11, 5662 (1902), in Nikolayev, Russia, Menachem Mendel was born to the Kabbalistic Torah Scholar Rabbi Levi Yitzchak and his wife Rebbetzin Chana Schneershon. Later on, the son grew up to be known as the Lubavitcher Rebbe.
On Shvat 10, 5710 (1950), after many pleas from thousands of chassidim, the Rebbe accepted the leadership of the Chabad movement. Within a short time, many Chabad institutions developed around the world, on an unprecedented scale. In accordance with the directives issued by the Brooklyn-based Chabad Center, the spreading of Judaism reached new heights, and Chabad houses were opened in thousands of countries, cities, campuses, and neighborhoods.